Sunday, February 15, 2009

My 3 Wishes

Everyone has a wish list or a goals list - something they want to do in their life before they depart this world. Well, I've been fortunate enough to be able to do two of the three items on my list. I may have to add to my list!




I love dolphins, I've loved them since I was a kid. I grew up watching Flipper on TV. I still have my stuffed Flipper with the squeaky nose!! My dream was to be able to swim with a dolphin. Notice I said WAS.

I've actually had the opportunity to swim with dolphins on 2, count 'em 2 occasions!

The first was back in the early 90s down in Key West, Fl. That was really neat. We did a 15 minute class about dolphins and then 15 minutes in the water. I was towed by one, got one to jump over a pole, and another to jump through a hoop! It was a totally amazing experience. The free swim part with the disposable water camera was amazing. They are such graceful, curious, gentle creatures. Can I have one for a pet?




Then, in 2007 down in Pto. Vallarta Kevin and I got to swim with dolphins together! Again, a short little 'school', then you get in the 'pool' with the dolphins. Getting to free swim with the dolphins is amazing. They feel so silky. Making them 'sing', jump, and tail dance is so much fun. Ill' never forget the feeling of being towed.







So this is the first of my three wishes. I'll tell you about the second wish some other time.

Cozyflier

No comments: