Monday, December 19, 2011

Holly Cookies -



One of my Christmas Traditions is Holly Cookies.  They are incredibly easy to make, just need a helper.  They are beautiful looking and taste yummy!  Below is the link to my orginal blog about them, but I'm going to add some new pics!





Melt 1 stick butter, 30 large marshmallows



Sorry, forgot butter in pic!
When marshmallows melted, add 1/2 - 1 tsp Vanilla, stir, then add Green food coloring to your liking.

My makeshift double boiler!
Stir in 4 Cups of Cornflakes.   (pictures show a double batch!)

Stir gently to cover all flakes with mixture.
Use 2 teaspoons to drop clusters onto WAX paper.  Put 3 red hots on each cluster.  good job for a kiddo!

I keep a glass of warm water to dip spoons into between spoonfulls.  Keeps them from getting sticky!

http://squarefunk.blogspot.com/2010/12/holly-cookies-re-posted-2010.html



Enjoy! We love them...

Cozyflier

3 comments:

miruspeg said...

What a great tradition Carrie.
Love your step by step instructions....if I cooked I would try the recipe!!
Hugs
Peg xxxxxx

Lighthousegal said...

Those look amazing!! And, so easy to do. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.

Cozyflier said...

Your welcome Jeanette. They really are easy and people don't think they are cookies!

Peggy, you could make these!