Thursday, June 7, 2012

Red Hot Popcorn for the 4th!

I know I've posted this recipe in the past, but I did it at Christmas. Well, I got to thinking, dangerous, I know! That some people might like to make this delicious popcorn for the 4th of July! So, I'm posting this again! Red Hot Popcorn:



1 Cup butter (2 sticks) 1/2 C Light corn syrup 9 oz red hot candies 8 quarts air popped popcorn (2 large bowls) In a saucepan, combine butter, corn syrup, and candies; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over popcorn and mix thoroughly. Turn into 2 greased 15 10 X 1 inch cookie sheets. Bake at 250* for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool. Break apart and store in airtight containers or plastic bags. TIPS: Pop all the popcorn and sift through your fingers to get all the kernals out. Be sure to cook the full hour or the popcorn won’t dry out enough and will be chewy. I hope you add this to your 4th of July menu. I think your guests will enjoy it! Cozyflier

No comments: