Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Yard Sale!

We did it! We had the yard sale that I had been planning on doing all Spring!!! Aren't you proud of me??! Oh boy what a lot of work these things are!!! And for not much return. But we did stress that this was a Fundraiser for AJ's trip to Washington, DC for his Junior National Young Leaders Conference. His teacher nominated him for this honor, and he wants to go. I priced almost everything at $1.00 ~ clothing, shoes, stuffed animals, etc. Only some furniture from our office that I had did I price higher. We had also recently replaced ceiling fans, and a chandelier. So I was able to get rid of a lot of stuff. Amelia and I are driving AJ to DC. AJ will attend his conference and Amelia and I will go see all the sites! This will be great driver's ed for Amelia and much cheaper than airfare for AJ. I've been to DC 3 times.  Amelia and AJ have not. Our older boys have been. So this is a great opportunity for them to see our nation's Capital. I was so busy with setting up, running the sale, and cleaning up that I forgot to take pictures! Oh well, you've seen 1 yard sale, you've seen them all, right? Anyway, we've been enjoying swimming, and catching up on sleep now that it is summer! Enjoy your summer. Cozyflier

No comments: