Friday, January 29, 2010

Your Tax Dollars at Work!

In an effort to go Green, cities such as Buffalo, NY replaced city street lights with new LED bulbs. When the winter storms, ice, snow, etc came, the LED bulbs didn't produce any heat and the ice and snow were not melted. The government had to create special new jobs for people to go remove ice and snow from the new GREEN light bulbs!!!

In the ER, a woman presents with a thumb requiring stitches. When nurses inquire as to how this patient was injured she said she was hammering! Interesting, a straight line cut down the thumb requiring 8 stitches. Apparently the hammer wasn't nearby, she hammered the nail into the wall with a piece of glass!!!!!!!! Yes, Medicaid is picking up the bill.

Do we really want bigger government??

Just a thought.

Cozyflier

3 comments:

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

people never cease to amaze me...hehe

miruspeg said...

Carrie, I must admit I am not a green light fan.....there I said it. I haven't replaced my lights in my house like we were asked to....they are way too dull.

My goodness what was that woman thinking, hope she wasn't a blonde!!

Cozyflier said...

Gee Peggy, I'll have to ask if 'she' was a blonde!!

I know, some of the energy saving lights take way to long to warm up and don't get as bright. I don't like LED myself!