Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow Day, For Me?

Yes I woke up this morning at 4am!!! Such an unearthly hour anyway you look at it. It had started snowing last night so I peaked outside to see if we had any accumulation, WOW! Probably 6" of the white stuff, YIKES!!!!!!! Kevin was leaving early to work in another ER this morning, now he would have to leave earlier.

Back to bed to try to get a few more ZZZZ's. Hmm, no luck, Kevin's alarm goes off at 5, he leaves at 5:30, but he must come in kiss me goodbye and tell me that my plan to use paint tarps on the windshield worked wonderfully! He doesn't have to scrape ice and snow off the car. Just pull off the tarp!! See, I have a good idea once in awhile!

OK, back to sleep, right? Wrong!! 6am, phone rings, this is the LISD automated phone system, school will be delayed 2 hours for all grade levels! Oh GOODY!! I go across the house and tell the kids, you can sleep in!

Back to bed. NOT!!!!!! 6:30am, the phone rings, this is Texas Tech University automated phone system, all classes until 9:30 are canceled. Classes after the 9:30 hour will be held according to normal procedure! Wonder BA! Now I have to call my son, Chris, at his apartment. Tell me why I'm the one listed for the emergency weather contact info when he is the one in class? Chris has class at 11, he is bummed that his class isn't delayed! Oh, how are the roads, he asks?!!!!!! I DON'T KNOW! Call you DAD, I'm in bed!!!!

For the 4th time, I'll lay down and rest until I have to take the kids to school, I've heard from everyone this morning! 7am I get a text from Kev, he made it safely to the ER, 1.5 hours for a 45 minute trip! OK, that was good news.

8:30am my phone rings yet again!!! My manager says, I don't have to come to work! I get a snow day!!!! Really, a Snow Day for me?? WOW!!

At this point I get up, I'm doomed, not going to get any sleep, have to get the kids ready for school, and go see the snow! Maybe I'll sleep tonight!!


That is when I return from Planet Hoth, because after this winter, that is where we now live!



Wanting to move to Tatooine!

Cozyflier

2 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

Haha! Well, at this point we have a two hour delay for tomorrow. They figure whatever has melted this evening will freeze overnight. The temperature is supposed to be high enough for everything to melt. We will see.

Stefunkc said...

What a crazed life we moms lead!