Monday, March 15, 2010

Go Mitch Go



This was the Whitaker family. The little boy was Mitchel. I've never met this family, unfortunately, I never met Mitch and I never will. Leukemia took this wonderful little boy from our world at the young age of 10.

Why am I blogging about this? Because about 18 months ago Mitch's Mom asked 40 women to run a marathon with her to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Those women in OKC ran the marathon in AZ in Jan 2009. Now, they are planning on doing another marathon in San Francisco in October 2010. Only this time my niece, Stephanie, has asked me to join them! I'm honored, scared, and excited! I really feel led to do this. I'm not a runner, in fact you usually have to drag me to the gym! However, this is a horrible disease and no one should have to go through the pain that I'm sure Tracey went through.

So, I asking for every one's support. Every little bit will make a difference. I have a button at the top of my blog, TNT. If you click it, it will take you my fundraising page and tell you how to make a donation.

Thanks everyone!

Cozyflier

1 comment:

Stefunkc said...

We're going to have so much fun and look good doing it!