Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Funks Got Funked at Grand Funk Concert!!



Did you follow that?!? I was able to go by and see my favorite DJ, Landon King, from
Kool 98 radio station and receive FREE tickets to Grand Funk Railroad concert! Kool 98 brought Grand Funk into Lubbock to perform at the Fair. The concert was AWESOME!!! You know Grand Funk Railroad is "An American Band"

Anyway, I wanted to share a few pictures, it was open seating at the fair grounds and we were in the rafters! But with my zoom lens, I got some decent shots. Remember, I do NOT own photoshop!









Have you ever seen Grand Funk Railroad in concert? This was my first heavy metal band to see! It was very loud! I've seen the Beach Boys, and Chicago, Barry Manilow, and of course Neil Diamond! GFR is nothing like any of them! Amelia and AJ weren't to sure what to make of them. I think Amelia had a good time, but she is like me, she will dance in her seat :-) I think it was good for the kids to experience a little variety. GFR is really good, if you get a chance, go see them!

Cozyflier

3 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

Sounds like fun. Never seen them, but my friend has a band that is big in Austin called Dysfunkshun Junkshun. They have a FB page. He started out as a Policeman but does this full time now.

Lighthousegal said...

You got some great photos at the concert.
How on earth do you get your kids to go along with you to such functions? Mine would look at me strangely and say, "You want me to go where to see who?". Especially my daughter. She is 17 now and doesn't want to go very many places with Mom anymore. Except Disney World in June.

miruspeg said...

Carrie I have to admit I have never heard of Grand Funk Railroad but it sounds like you had a great time and got some great photos with your zoom lens!

How lucky to get free tickets and the t-shirts are fabulous!

It is great to see you are not leading a dull life my friend!

Big hugs
Peggy xxxxx