Monday, July 19, 2010

Never a Dull Moment in MY Life!

The rains came to the South Plains. And they poured and poured! We were in OKC for the 4th of July week. Luckily Chris was taking care of the house. We got the call from Chris Sunday afternoon. We were planning on leaving around 6pm, but we got most of our belongings together and were out the door in 30 minutes and left at 3.

We got home at 9:45 pm to wet squishy carpet! Chris and Donna had shop Vac-ed out about 20 or so gallons of water already. My week was spent moving furniture!

See out that window, that is the garden that overflowed and let the house flood!





Carpet cleaners extract water from my bedroom.




We got the den emptied out so the water could be extracted from it, then the carpet came up and went out!



After removing carpet tack strips and a TON of cleaning, it was time to put furniture back in. Wish the bedroom was as easy.



We will extend the kitchen flooring into the den in a few months. Insurance does not cover flood damage. Thought about acid etching and staining, but we don't think it will look good right next to the laminate flooring.




Poor Gizmo, she is bored by all our hard work. She didn't like my interruption!

Really can't wait until I get my bedroom back to normal. It took time to get the carpet guy out to replace padding, tack carpet back down, and get the carpet cleaned. But excitement with Mom has caused me not to be able to get my home back in order. I still have furniture and items EVERYWHERE!

Oh, I'd like a nice boring life again!

Have a calming week, at least for me, Please!

Cozyflier

No comments: