Sunday, December 26, 2010

I Survived Christmas Day!

Well, I cooked for a week, making desserts of all kinds and it took 3 trips to the grocery store to be sure I had everything! I did most of the cooking Christmas Eve as I mentioned in my earlier post. Christmas Day was wonderful.

Christmas morning my alarm did NOT go off at 6:30am like I had planned! Instead I received a text from our oldest stating he was almost ready to come over! It was 10 mins to 8!! Quick jump into the shower! So much for hair and makeup!

The morning was spent opening gifts then warming food and final prep for 14 of us to eat! After lunch/dinner we exchanged gifts with each other.

Here is a look at our day!





First look at what Santa brought!!!

Amelia was excited, she can use her new suitcase next March when she goes to Europe!

Collage blanket I created on Snapfish!

Kevin got me new jean skirt. I can twirl!!  And new jeans, they are so fancy!

Amelia with Grammie Lou

AJ flies his Millennium Falcon!



AJ bought big brother Chris a new wallet and used his own money!!

Gizmo and R2-D2 love their toy :-)

We just love 'Big Bang Theory' on TV, this T was perfect for Kevin!



Getting the food ready

I was trying to save my nails, I had been cooking so much and washing my hands soooo much, I wasn't going to have any polish left!  I decided to use some gloves.

The onion pie that I put on the blog Christmas Eve is in R forefront next to the homemade Mac & cheese.


The adult table
  


Amelia and AJ helped Grammie get her plate

Elyssa Oliver with her present

Mike Ponto with his

Philip Oliver with his

Connie and Auria Nutter

Kenzie Oliver (ET3 now)!!



Taelor Oliver was sooo excited, she had been asking for over an hour when we were going to open presents!

Kelly Oliver, she brought the turkey and lots of other great food!

After all the food and presents we all gathered in the living room and played Apples to Apples.  We love this game and this year we got expansion pack 1.  After 7 years we needed so new cards!  Everyone had a rolling good time!





 We take a basket and pass it around to collect the cards when we have this big of a group.  For some reason Kev decided to 'crown' me Apple Queen!  I promise you NO alcohol was involved with this group!!



After this we adjourned to the den to watch Dr. Who, A Christmas Carol.  We had memory built up in the TIVO!  Christmas memories with friends, what more can I say. 


I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and made memories with your family.

Cozyflier

No comments: