Monday, April 12, 2010

Just My Luck.....

You know the old saying... if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any any luck?
Well, lately I feel like that.

Case in point, Friday, I was having the carpets cleaned at Mom's old house. Cleaners were almost finished. I had been loading up the car of things to take to Mom.

The hoses were piled up on the tile by the front door, the carpets were wet, of course, the tile was wet. Can you see where this is going?

I try to go out the front door and BANG! Down I go on my R knee, smack down on the knee cap!

In the process of falling, I twisted, turned, sprained my muscles. The knee is bruised severely, and the Femoral lateral cruciate ligaments/muscles are injured-torn. For you non medical readers that is my R side thigh muscles/ligaments.

I'm now on crutches! No, I didn't really want to 'copy' my niece Stephanie! Trying to train for a marathon in Oct, one does not need torn ligaments, muscles, or bruised kneecaps!

One of the first things my beloved hubby said was, that is probably the most needed muscle for your marathon training. Really? I didn't realize that!! (Sarcastic font!)

It is going to be a long few weeks. The real funny sight was Saturday, Kev got in the mood for yard work. AJ has never really mowed. Amelia was out with Chris. I was trying to tell AJ how to mow while sitting in our wheel chair. Finally, I decided to show AJ. I had AJ push me in the wheel chair while I pushed the mower!!!!

Just call me Hop-along!

Cozyflier

No comments: