Monday, December 21, 2009

Red Hot Popcorn

I stole this recipe from my niece, Stephanie. I have been making it along with my standards and giving friends gifts of love ~ home made goodies!



1 C butter (2 sticks)
1/2 C light corn syrup
9oz red hot candies
8 quarts air popped popcorn

Pop the popcorn! Place in 2 large bowls. Melt the butter, corn syrup, and red hots. Bring to boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring often!

Pour the melted mixture onto the popcorn, stir gently to coat the corn. Pour onto 2 greased cookie sheets put in 250* oven. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 mins.

Pour onto wax paper, cool, break apart and store in airtight container or baggies!










This is so yummy! And everyone loves it! Even my neighbor who picks off red hots from Holly Cookies, scarfs down this popcorn! I can hardly get enough stuff baked because Ashley comes over and chows down!! Oh well, at least I know it is edible!

Happy Holidays!

Cozyflier