Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Amelia's Recognition

Today as you can guess was Amelia's recognition and banquet. However, we were blessed by cousins visiting from OKC, so Amelia decided she wanted to spend time with her family. She abstained from the banquet.



Coming in and all the 5th graders are getting ready to sing. This is the last recognition of elementary school.



In 5th grade the kids aren't given their awards by homeroom class. Instead they are done by height! Amelia's group is ready to receive their awards.




Achievement in language arts! This year I had both kids pegged!!!!




The special thing they do, each child gives their Mom a flower! Awe, how sweet.



After all 85 students were finished, then they presented the class gifts. One of which was this outstanding sculpture done by one of the Moms. We are the Smith Stars, so each spike of the star has one of the teachers and each student's name engraved on it!





Mother & Daughter after the ceremony!



Amelia and her teacher, Ms. Thomas.




A bit of family fun! Check out my heals!! I don't wear heals but they are comfortable!

I still can't believe that I made it through the ceremony without crying! Wow, third child must be getting easier.

Cozyflier

2 comments:

Stefunkc said...

And I was there to see it!

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

awww great pics...and wow those are some heels...Id break my neck if I wore those!!!!!!