Monday, April 13, 2009

Coloring Eggs - The Easy Way

So I realized while sitting at the hospital that we hadn't colored eggs. I texted Ashley, my neighbor girl staying with the kids. Can you possibly hard boil some eggs and get things ready?

Now, you may think I'm crazy asking a 16 year old to help the kids color eggs!! But I've found the easiest way to do this messy job. A wax crayon, a candle would probably work. Then, put the egg in a baggie, put some dye in the bag. Rub the dye around the egg. The dye won't get on where the wax is!!! Take out and let dry. See your design!!



AJ works on an egg.


Amelia!


Ashley colors a egg!


AJ trys the stamp set.

This is the other kit I found - stamp your designs on your egg! Paint your egg and stamp designs on it!




This has been our tradition, coloring eggs the day before Easter. The kids set the eggs out for the Easter Bunny, and he left a note for the kids, that the beautiful eggs were back in the fridge! No one is getting food poisoning in this house!


By the way, the 'm' on this laptop is sticking, sometimes it works, and other times it doesn't. Please forgive typos!!!!

Cozyflier

No comments: