Thursday, April 30, 2009

100th Blog!!!!

Wow, I'm shocked. When Stephanie finally convinced me to start blogging back in January, I didn't really know it would be so addicting! It really has become a therapy. Surprisingly, this is my 100th blog! I've been told I have to do something really special ~ like 100 things about me, 100 pictures, or some such nonsense!

Well, I guess I'll do 100 things about me, with a few pictures thrown in here and there!

1. I love my husband, Kevin!



2. I'm 48, I've known Kevin for 26 years!

3. I have 3 sons!

4. I have 1 daughter!

5. I love to take pictures


6. I love to scrapbook~ these are completed scrapbooks!


7. I love dolphins.

8. I love Neil Diamond's Musical talent, his voice is amazing.

9. I love Walt Disney World!!!

10. I have been to Walt Disney World 10 times.

11. I collect pins/buttons.

12. I love animals.

13. I helped my husband build an airplane that really flies!


14. I'm a mom, I drive a Van!

15. I wish I was Samantha and could twitch my nose! I just love Sam!!

16. I love Star Wars!

17. I love Stargate SG 1.

18. I like Dr. Who,the show is good and he is really cute!

19. I like Torchwood, hope there is a 3rd season that I can purchase on DVD!

20. I like Disney movies and own most of them!

21. Apparently, I have 269 framed pictures in my bedroom! The neighbor girl was bored one day and counted them!!!!

22. I used to be very shy.

23. I'm very outgoing now!

24. One of my favorite colors is Blue.

25. My favorite Disney character is Tigger.

26. I love jewelry, silver looks better on me than gold, and diamonds aren't required! I like dolphin, airplane, turquoise, & unique jewelry!

27. I'm a bargain shopper, I seldom purchase things unless they are on sale!

28. Traded a totally unpronounceable name in for a short funny name when I married!
SKVARENINA went to FUNK!!!!

29. I love going to garage/estate sales. I don't like getting ready for them near as much, but I do like making money!


30. I love to fly.

31. Have only been out of the country 2 times! The Bahamas and Mexico. Mexico never again!!!

32. Have faced death.

33. Have let the kids have almost every kind of pet- chickens, rabbits, hamsters, turtles, fish, dogs, cats.

34. Turquoise is my birthstone. Love it!!!

35. I have fibromyalgia.

36. I was born in Chicago, IL and raised there and the suburbs.

37. I have lived in Stillwater, OK

38. I have lived in Tulsa, OK

39. I have lived in Eufaula, OK

40. I have lived in Beaver, OK

41. I live in Lubbock, TX

42. I had my picture on the front page of the Sunday Oklahoman (newspaper) throwing a Cowchip!!

43. I have been on TV.

44. I have met Jane Pauley.

45. I have met Shelly Long.

46. I have met George Peppard.

47. I have met Warwick Davis. He played Wicket!



48. I have met Amy Allen - Star Wars! She played Aayla Secura.



49. I have met Richard M. Nixon

50. I have met Patricia Nixon

51. I have met Julie Nixon

52. I have met Tricia Nixon

53. The Nixon family called me little Miss Press, I was 7 yrs old, dad was with NBC!

54. I have been KISSED by Neil Diamond!!!!!!!

55. On average I run about 8 loads of laundry a week! And I clean my own house!

56. I own 4 cameras!

57. I have a small camera collection.

58. I like to collect things!

59. In 16 years at the same elementary school, I have put in close to a 1000 volunteer hours!

60. Come August, I will have 4 kids in 4 schools, 2nd time! Last time was 2003!!

61. My Daughter Amelia looks just like me!!!

62. I'm a pack rat and find it difficult to part with things, as is my husband and kids, oh help!!!!

63. I despise cleaning bathrooms!

64. I have swam with dolphins 2 times, once in the Fl. Keys, once in Mexico. I would do it 100 more times if not so expensive!!! It is glorious!!!!




65. I like MacGyver, Richard Dean Anderson was cute and got better with age!!

66. I worked for my husband on and off over the years in his office as slave labor!

67. I've sat on the roof, looking at the stars listening to Neil Diamond drinking Wine!

68. I like War movies.

69. I like westerns.

70. In H.S. I took Aviation Courses!

71. My College degree, from OSU is Aviation Management!

72. I live in the South now so I don't have to shovel snow like in the Chicago blizzard of 1979!!!

73. I like Sci-Fi action adventure movies, ie Terminator!

74.I got to fly a glider in high school!

75. I've been to the Grand Canyon and seen it from the ground and Kev and I flew the Cozy over it. What a view!!!

76. I spent my 20th anniversary in Hawaii!!!!




77. I got to go Zipcording in HA! Much prettier than our front yard!! This is a picture of Kevin doing the zipcord, he wouldn't take pics of me, his fear of heights!


78. I got to go to Pearl Harbor.

79. Went to Hanilei, the place where Puff the Magic Dragon is from!!

80. Have flown the Cozy with Kevin over the Bahama Islands, such a beautiful sight.

81. My first camping experience was at Sun & Fun fly in at Lakeland, FL at the airport!!

82. I would like to go up in a hot air balloon some day!

83. Have flown the Cozy to and over Niagara Falls, NY. WOW!

84. Circled the Statue the of Liberty at 132' above the torch 3 times! Great way to see the Statue and downtown Hudson River!

85. We have circled the St. Louis Arch many times in the Cozy, but never through it!

86. We were able to land the Cozy at Meigs Field, Chicago, IL BEFORE Mayor Daley Destroyed it. It was the airport on the lakefront, right next to the Planetarium.

87. I have been to Washington, DC 3 times. Awesome place to visit for our history.

88. I have been to NYC 2 times.

89. I've seen Beauty and the Beast on Broadway.

90. I've seen Lion King on Broadway.

91. I'm a night owl, always have been and always will be!

92. My husband knows me inside out - he assisted on my appendectomy and delivered our 2nd son, Tyler!!!!

93. I'm a winter in my complexion, I have natural grey hightlights, but still prefer to color my hair!

94. I don't like to work out, but will.

95. I HATE Lima beans!!!!!

96. I hate sauerkraut! I won't kiss Kevin when he eats it!!!

97. I like steak Tartar!

98. I'll eat calamari!

99. I have tried sushi, and don't care for it.

100. I'm not the typical, snobby Doctor's wife, and proud of that fact!!!!

8 comments:

miruspeg said...

Congratulations on your 100th blog and thanks for sharing all these fabulous things about YOU.

Dolphins I adore and envy you so much for swimming with them TWICE! When I am come over to the USA in July 2010 I hope to swim with them then.

Hope your children have read these 100 things, I am sure there are some things you have written that they don't know about you.

I am glad you are NOT the typical, snobby Doctor's wife, and proud of that fact!!!!

Take care always
Miss Peg

Sally's World said...

fabulous list...i can relate to very many...dolphins definitely, we've been loads, you should think about wild dolphins in the bahamas...changed our lives...

am very jelous though, hawaii is my dream destination.

brillinat though, love this, its a great way to get to know you better...and like you even more! lol!

have a great day!

vgsmom said...

Thanks for sharing. It amazes me addictive blogging has become.

Stefunkc said...

Love them all! But #28 is my favorite:) And my link doesn't work:( I know, it's not all about me!!

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

congrats on your 100th post....I just love these 100 things about me..and yours was great adding the pics to it!!!!

Im jealous youve been to Walt Disney World 10 times, Ive never been there...being samantha would be so cool!!!!! 269 framed pictures in my bedroom! OMG thats ALOT of pictures especially in ONE room!!!!! IM also jealous of all the places you have been too..wow sounds so awesome!!! and just wondering out of all the places you have lived which place do you like the most??????

Anyway again congrats to you ((HUGZ))

miruspeg said...

Hey Carrie the link to Stephanie was just mistyped.....try again.
An easier way than typing someones address is to copy and paste.
Go to their site, copy their address and then paste it into the link square on your post.
Cheers
Peggy

miruspeg said...

Yes it works perfectly Carrie.....there will be no stopping you now!
Love
Peg

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you have a very adventurous life...I'm a little jealous....no, a lot jealous! LOL We were going to go to Cancun in January, but I don't think that's going to happen now...not with the Swine flu and all the fighting down there with the drug war...doesn't sound like a very safe place to be! Congrats on your 100th post!! :o)